Stibbe Diversity Seminar
The Stibbe Diversity Seminar will take place at our Amsterdam office from 4:00 to 5:15 pm on Tuesday 11 October.
The Wet ingroeiquotum en streefcijfers (Diversity Quota and Targets Act – the Diversity Act) entered into force on 1 January 2022. Under the Diversity Act, companies that meet certain size criteria must set appropriate and ambitious targets for male/female ratios in senior positions, draw up an action plan and, after the end of the current financial year, render account for the first time in their board reports and to the Social and Economic Council (SER).
Your organisation may also face practical challenges under the Diversity Act. For instance, as the end of the 2022 financial year approaches, you will need to prepare for complete and accurate reporting both in your board report and in the new SER Diversity Portal.
During the Stibbe Diversity Seminar:
- we will discuss the various obligations under the Diversity Act and the relevant practical points for attention;
- Renske van der Goes, senior legal counsel of NN Group N.V., will discuss the embedding of diversity into the organisation of listed company NN Group N.V.; and
- Ivy Koopmans and Babette Pouwels of SER will give you a preview of the SER Diversity Portal in which companies will have to file their reports.
The seminar will be chaired by our Managing Partner Hans Witteveen. The entire programme can be found below.
3:30 - 4:00 pm Welcome
4:00 - 4:05 pm Opening
- By Hans Witteveen (Managing Partner, Stibbe)
4:05 - 4:15 pm Brief introduction to the Diversity Act
- Sandra Rietveld (senior staff associate, Stibbe)
4:15 - 4:30 pm Reporting in the board report
- Lars in 't Veld (lawyer, Stibbe) and Loes van Dijk (lawyer, Stibbe)
4:30 - 4:45 pm The Diversity Act in practice
- Renske van der Goes (senior legal counsel, NN Group N.V.)
4:45 - 5:05 pm Reporting in the SER Diversity Portal
- Ivy Koopmans (D&I programme manager, SER) and Babette Pouwels (Bureau Pouwels | Research and Advice, who also works for SER)
5:05 - 5:15 pm Questions and discussion
5:15 – 6:00 pm Drinks
We are pleased to invite you to this seminar at our office. You may register by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you at Stibbe on 11 October.