Webinar: Responding to Personal Data Breaches in the Post-GDPR era
On 24-26 March 2021, ERA (Adademy of European Law) organises an online Conference 'Responding to Personal Data Breaches in the Post-GDPR era'. Brussels TMT partner Erik Valgaeren addresses the topic 'Managing personal data breach in a complex international scenarios', including cross border cases in the EU and breaches at non-EU establishments.
The webinar aims to provide legal practitioners and data protection specialists with the necessary guidance on how to deal with personal data breaches. It offers an opportunity to discuss the novelties and issues at stake with key legal experts.
The webinar will be hosted on ERA's online platform and will enable immediate interaction with speakers and participants (data protection and IT lawyers, data protection officers, compliance and information security officers, staff of data protection authorities, judges, NGOs, representatives of consultancies).
Key topics are:
- Personal data breaches in the EU legal framework
- Managing personal data breaches at the EU member state level and in the complex international context
- Assessing the risks of personal data breaches for the rights and freedoms of individuals
- Applying the accountability principle in the context of personal data breaches
- Contract management and liability issues in the post-breach scenario
Please click here for more information or to register.