Get to know the importance of trade secrets and learn from our practical recommendations during a lunch seminar in our Brussels office, located next to the central train station.
In today’s knowledge-based economy, trade secrets comprise a substantial portion of a company’s value. To determine the value of a company, a due diligence of its IP portfolio, comprising its trade secrets is essential. A negligent assessment thereof can result in important issues delaying the transaction envisaged or leading to post transaction claims.
During this seminar, the following topics will be addressed:
- the legal status of trade secrets after the adoption of the EU Trade Secrets Directive and its transposition in Belgium;
- ownership and control;
- how to identify trade secrets;
- protection mechanisms to safeguard a company’s trade secrets;
- how to reduce the risk of IP leakage post transaction; and
- how to prevent or solve possible third party claims.
Programme & practical information
This seminar is co-organised by our IP and corporate law departments.
12:15: Light lunch & introduction
Registration is free of charge. If you would like to attend, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you on 31 January!