The Executives' Pay (Standards) Act (Wet Normering Topinkomens ("WNT") came into force over three years ago. There have been many developments since this time in respect of enforcement practice, court judgments regarding the WNT and in the labor market generally. New developments, like WNT III and the Evaluation Act WNT, raise many more questions and topics for discussion.
The seminar will take place on 1 November 2016 at Stibbe’s new office in Amsterdam from 12.15 until 5 p.m. to address the impact of the WNT and the various amendments. The goal of this seminar is to evaluate the impact of WNT I and WNT II during the first three years, discuss how it works in practice and consider future implications. The seminar will consist of short lectures given by expert speakers from inside and outside Stibbe. During this seminar there will be time for questions and discussion.
Please find the details of the program below. There will be no fee for the seminar, but we advise you to reserve a place as the number of participants is limited. If you would like to attend kindly apply before Tuesday 25 October via StibbeEvents@stibbe.com.
- 12.15 - 13.00 Welcome and lunch
- 13.00 - 13.20 Opening (Tom Barkhuysen, lawyer/partner Administrative Law Stibbe and Professor Constitutional and Administrative Law Leiden University)
- 13.20 - 13.50 Senior civil servant and dismissal (Damiën Berkhout, laywer Litigation Stibbe)
- 13.50 - 14.20 Transitory law (Machteld Claessens, lawyer Administrative Law Stibbe)
- 14.20 - 14.50 Break
- 14.50 - 15.20 WNT from perspective of the Accountant (Victor Kradolfer, BDO)
- 15.20 - 15.50 Monitoring and enforcement (Barend Barentsen, professor Social Law and Labor Relations in the Public Sector)
- 15.50 - 16.20 Effects on the labor market (Tom Hilgers, Korn Ferry HayGroup)
- 16.20 - 16.40 Discussion and debate
- 16.40 - 16.50 Wrap up (Tom Barkhuysen, lawyer/partner Administrative Law Stibbe and Professor Constitutional and Administrative Law Leiden University)
- 16.50 - 18.00 Drinks