Job van Hooff and Daisy Nijkamp will present a webinar on the use of the Dutch Scheme in international restructurings, in collaboration with Lexology/Global Restructuring Review.
The Dutch Scheme (Wet homologatie onderhands akkoord, WHOA) entered into force on 1 January 2021. In six months since its introduction, the Dutch Scheme has already proven an effective restructuring tool in the Dutch market. Last year we discussed the highlights of the Dutch Scheme.
During this year’s webinar, we will focus on use of the Dutch Scheme and discuss the key aspects to consider, including:
- Lessons learned during the first six months of the Dutch Scheme.
- Jurisdiction and recognition of the Dutch Scheme.
- The possibility of a Dutch Scheme process in parallel with a foreign restructuring process such as the English Scheme of Arrangement or Restructuring Plan.
- Certain key features of the Dutch Scheme, including the benefits of a freezing order.
- Job van Hooff co-heads the Restructuring & Insolvency practice. He acts on cross-border financial restructuring, including through English schemes of arrangements, and distressed transactions for a range of high profile borrowers and lenders. Job also represents clients in litigation relating to bankruptcy or insolvency and he is regularly appointed by the court as an administrator and bankruptcy trustee.
- Daisy Nijkamp has proven experience in litigating and advising on liability, security rights and insolvency law issues for a broad spectrum of clients. She also regularly advises on complex restructurings. Furthermore, she has extensive experience as a trustee in bankruptcy matters and has expertise in banking and finance.
Date: Thursday 1st of July, 2021
Time: 15.00-16.00 UTC
Location: online webinar
Click here for more information and to register