The annual conference of the International Bar Association (IBA) is currently taking place in Seoul. There are fourteen partners from Stibbe attending the event. Several of them have speaking slots on a wide range of legal topics and will take part in various panel discussions.
- Erik Valgaeren is the co-chair in a roundtable session on several topics in 'the Intellectual Property Communications and Technology Section' presented by the Intellectual Property Communications and Technology Section, Art, Cultural Institutions and Heritage Law Committee, Communications Law Committee, Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law Committee, Media Law Committee, Space Law Committee and the Technology Law Committee. Erik is also co-chair in a session on 'Agile software projects' presented by the Technology Law Committee.
- Michael Molenaars is the co-chair in a session on 'Tax rules for shadow banking: funding structures beyond traditional bank financing' presented by the Taxes Committee.
- Astrid Helstone is a speaker in a session on 'Employee representation and corporate transactions' presented by the Employment and Industrial Relations Law Committee and the Corporate and M&A Law Committee.
- Rein Wesseling is the co-chair in a session on 'Abuse of dominance and intellectual property' presented by the Antitrust Section.
- Hans Witteveen is the co-moderator in a session on 'Current legal developments' presented by the Corporate and M&A Law Committee.
- Rony Vermeersch is a speaker in session on 'Forced marriages on construction projects: the good, the bad and the ugly' presented by the International Construction Projects Committee.
Also participating are: Jan Bogaert, Pieter Schütte, Derk Lemstra, Wouter Ghijssels, Branda Katan, Jeroen Kortmann, Jan Peeters & Rein van Helden.
For more information about the Conference, please go to the website of the IBA.