On 2 July 2019, Stibbe's Digital Economy Group will host a debate night in Amsterdam on the hot topic of HR analytics. During Stibbe's debate night, speakers from the world of business, politics, science and law will exchange views on HR analytics, how they can be used in practice, and their development in the context of employment and privacy law.
HR Analytics: opportunity or threat?
Employers are rapidly embracing Artificial Intelligence in their businesses. An entire industry has emerged around HR analytics, whose aim is to enable employers to accurately predict future employee-related scenarios and events which may arise during the employee's time with the company. This raises critical questions as to whether the unregulated use of these analytics is desirable. These include:
- Which aspects of employment and privacy law aspects play a role in the use of AI and HR Analytics?
- What is the impact of non-discrimination rules on the practical use of HR Analytics?
- Is new legislation required?
- What now: stop using HR analytics altogether, or continue and focus on whether and how legal risks can be limited?
Our speakers for this debate will be:
- Siert Akel, SaaS and HR Tech expert (Wonderkind and ex Harver),
- Jaap van Slooten, Professor of Employment Law (Stibbe and UvA),
- Judica Krikke, IT/data protection lawyer (Stibbe)
- Kees Verhoeven, Member of the House of Representatives and author of 'Competition in the digital economy: Data, tech giants and free competition in a free economy.'
- Jan Middendorp, Member of the House of Representatives and author of 'Human Grip on Algorithms'
To register or for more information please contact us via: StibbeEvents@stibbe.com.
Date: 2 July 2019, 19:15 – 21:30
Location: Beethovenplein 10, Amsterdam