The International Bar Association organizes the 3rd IBA Asia-based International Financial Law Conference. The conference attracts industry leaders, regulators, in-house counsels (including Alibaba, Ant Financial, Tencent, CICC etc) and leading practitioners from across Asia, Europe and the US.
- Corporate governance for public companies and banks: how to improve standards and practices in Asia?
- REITs and infrastructure funds in Asia: challenges and outlook
- Private investment funds: marketing passports available to Asian asset managers
- The rise of NPLs: restructuring and distressed investing in Asia
- Gender equality: let's include the men
- Competition and challenges facing stock exchanges in Asia
- Perspectives on FinTech developments: impact on banking and securities market in Asia
- Acquisition and leveraged financing: continuing the conversation
- Maximising shareholder value: the new age of shareholder activism
- Evolution of online payment systems and lessons for Asia
Jan Bogaert, Partner in Stibbe's Brussels office is part of a panel dedicated to the session on “Maximising shareholder value: the new age of shareholder activism".
The International Bar Association (IBA), established in 1947, is the world's leading organisation of international legal practitioners, bar associations and law societies. The IBA influences the international law reform and shapes the future of the legal profession.
For more information about the conference, click here.