Stibbe is a full-service, independent law firm with offices in Brussels, Amsterdam, Luxembourg, London and New York. Our Brussels office is one of the leading law firms in the Belgian market, with over 140 lawyers in 11 practice groups. We provide our clients with high-quality legal advice and representation in an international context.
Our tax lawyers have extensive experience in Belgian and international tax law. The practice group handles a wide range of tax matters, involving complex tax litigation, tax advisory work, transfer pricing matters as well as tax work in corporate and financial transactions. The team is also highly reputable for its expertise regarding indirect taxation (VAT, registration tax), real estate taxation and the tax status of public authorities.
In order to support the growth of our practice and its team of lawyers, we are looking for an Associate with a passion to deliver top-notch work.
As an Associate Tax, you will:
- work on very diversified and high-level cases and advisory matters;
- be given an excellent training and doing the first-line follow-up of specific matters;
- assist different clients on large, national, and international tax matters with fellow associates and lawyers from our various practice areas;
- be given the opportunity to liaise with clients and opponents and learn to represent clients in legal proceedings and negotiations;
- participate in meetings with the tax authorities in the context of disputes or in a ruling context;
- sharpen your language skills as you will work in French, English and (ideally) Dutch.
- be part of an enthusiastic group of (tax) lawyers.
The ideal candidate
You have a Belgian law degree and an excellent academic record. You are a native French speaker with fluency in English (both written and spoken). Knowledge of Dutch would definitely be an asset. You have gained minimum 3 years of experience as a tax lawyer or as a tax consultant. You are a real team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
We offer a competitive compensation related to your qualifications and experience, ample training opportunities, a pleasant working atmosphere among a dynamic team in an international environment.
Our corporate culture combines a high- quality customer service with an emphasis on people and teamwork.
You will be given space and abundant possibilities to further develop yourself and satisfy your ambition and needs for high achievement via tailor-made Stibbe Academy workshops focusing on legal, language, ICT and soft skills.
Are you interested in this opportunity? Please do not hesitate to apply via www.stibbe.com/careers
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.