T +31 20 546 02 40
F +31 20 546 08 03
|Send email@example.com an e-mail.|
|add Jeroen Kortmann to e-mail contacts.|
Jeroen specializes in issues of contract law, tort law and insurance litigation. He acts as a defence counsel in large commercial disputes and has considerable experience in cross-border litigation. Together with Competition Law partner Christof Swaak, Jeroen heads Stibbe's integrated Antitrust Litigation Group.
From 2005 to 2006, Jeroen was associated with Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP in New York. Jeroen holds a Ph.D. from the University of Oxford. He is the author of several publications, chiefly on the subject of tort law. In addition, he has published on private law aspects of the trade in CO2 emissions. In 2007, Jeroen was appointed professor of private law at the University of Amsterdam, where he teaches the subject of European Tort Law.
- AkzoNobel as defence counsel in relation to several national and international disputes
- Deloitte Netherlands in liability disputes relating to the US class action "In re Royal Ahold NV Securities & ERISA Litigation"
- Fortis ASR in several liability suits concerning parties insured by Fortis
- KLM and its subsidiary Martinair as defence counsel in what is alleged to be "Europe's largest ever cartel damage claim".
- ING Bank as defence counsel in several disputes
- Koop Tjuchem as defence counsel with regard to over 1000 claims for damages allegedly suffered as a result of competition law infringements
- Schindler as defence counsel in relation to several disputes