On 9 October 2018, Stibbe together with VNO-NCW, 'Aan de slag met de Omgevingswet' and the Province of Limburg will host the seminar 'From Establishment to Environmentally Harmful Activity'.
From establishment to environmentally harmful activity
In the Environment and Planning Act - which is expected to come into effect in 2021 – there will be a number of changes for establishments. The seminar will focus on the following key changes:
- 'environmentally harmful activity' is now the starting point of the regulation instead of 'the establishment'.
- some of the environmental regulations will be included in the environmental plan, which will replace the zoning plan.
- the article about addressees has been amended, particularly in situations involving several (legal) persons.
The above changes will not only be discussed broadly but also more specifically, based on the knowledge gained in a pilot project which investigated whether an umbrella permit for the Chemelot industrial estate was possible .
- Cathine Knijff (lawyer Tata Steel)
- Paul Pestman (project head Environmental Affairs Decree)
- Jan van den Broek (senior legal counsel VNO-NCW)
- Valérie van 't Lam (lawyer Stibbe)
Date: 9 October 2018 (10:00 – 13:30 hours)
Location: Stibbe, Beethovenplein 10, 1077 WM Amsterdam
Kindly note this symposium will be held in Dutch.
To register or for more information please contact us via: StibbeEvents@stibbe.com.